For the past few decades, Maastricht has conducted a policy of innovative urban renewal. Like a chameleon, we have adapted to the demands of the modern era while preserving the unique character and beauty of our city and the surrounding areas.
Maastricht plans to further enhance its appeal in the years to come by investing € 1.5 billion in:
- implementing large-scale infrastructure projects, including the construction of a tunnel under the A2 and improvements to the Meuse traffic intersection. Completed in 2016 & 2019;
- strengthening the economic vitality, innovative capacity and knowledge economy (Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus, Maastricht University, United World College, United Nations University);
- redeveloping existing business sites (new quays and trimodal access will be added to the Beatrixhaven, Steelport Maastricht);
- transforming the existing urban area by improving the residential environment including the addition of 2 new city parks.
- restructuring of old industrial areas into vibrant residential areas combined with retail, culture, leisure and modern businesses.
Despite these turbulent economic times, Maastricht has chosen to invest heavily in the quality of its city. Maastricht invites entrepreneurs and investors to discuss how we can continue to enhance the quality of our city.
City of Maastricht / Maastricht region
P.O. Box 1992, 6201 BZ Maastricht
Mosae Forum 10, 6211 DW Maastricht
+31 (0)43 350 40 40