Maastricht is an international city with a unique location in the heart of the Euregion and well connected by robust infrastructure.
Maastricht is much more than a city steeped in history. Thanks to innovative urban development projects and the presence of Maastricht University and many public knowledge institutions, Maastricht is developing into an international centre of knowledge with a vibrant arts and culture scene and a lively student community. This transformation is generating plenty of opportunities for property development and urban redevelopment projects, and for new knowledge, service and retail facilities. Maastricht is investing strategically, for example by:
- continuing to develop Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus, with opportunities for real estate development. As an exclusive partner of Maastricht University and Maastricht UMC+, Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus has launched a unique valorisation concept, bringing scientific innovations to market. There are now more than 11,000 professionals working on the campus in 115 successful companies in the healthcare sector.
- re-zoning Belvédère and the site of the former Sphinx factory into a vibrant district that combines high-calibre housing, retail, culture, leisure and makerspaces.
- redeveloping the Landbouwbelang complex (site is in Dutch only) as a link between the river Meuse and the historic city centre. Along with Zuyd University’s Academy of Dramatic Arts and Conservatory, this makes the Sphinx Quarter a cultural and educational magnet of supra-regional importance.
- the provision of affordable housing thanks to the construction of new flats and studios in Geusseltpark. Located close to Geusselt sport park and various motorway entrance and exit roads.
- Housing for the growing population of students, including international ones. Each year, Maastricht builds around 600 new student flats with communal spaces and bicycle and car parking facilities.
The above lists only a few of the opportunities Maastricht offers project developers and investors. For example, the arrival of ETpathfinder has given Maastricht a unique R&D infrastructure for developing the innovative precision technologies needed for the Einstein Telescope. We would be happy to discuss these and other opportunities with you at Expo Real.
Representatives at the HPP stand
Alderman (Urban development)
Alderman (Economic Affairs)
Director of Projects and Real Estate
Team Manager for Real Estate
Cluster Coordinator for Management and Real Estate
City of Maastricht
Mosae Forum 10
6211 DW Maastricht
+31 (0)43 350 40 40